Owner Operator and Driver Minimum Qualifications
- Driver Applicant must be 23 years of age.
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Within the last 5 years drivers must have 2 years verifiable experience in the operation of a tractor-trailer combination, over the road, with motor carrier for drivers 25 and older ( Three years for drivers 23-24). This experience must include a minimum of 1 years experience with the type of trailer the applicant will be pulling. Heavy Haul requires 2 years experience with the type of loads moved.
No more than 3 points in the previous 3 years of application date. The point scale and violations include, but not limited to:
- Speed 1-9 over, seat belt, accident ( non-fault) - 1 Point
- Speed 10-14 over, failure to obey traffic control. - 2 Points
- Speed 15 over, careless driving, following to close, operation a CMV without proper endorsement. - 3 Points
- Disqualifying violations include but are not limited to; speed greater than 15 over the limit, reckless driving, operating a vehicle without a license or under supervision.
- No Commercial transportation related felony, theft or larceny conviction within the applicant's lifetime that resulted in active prison or jail sentence. All other non-transportation related convictions will be subject to review at the discretion of the company and / or its insurance company.
- No Convictions for DUI, DWI, or OWI on driving record within the previous 5 years. No violations of 49CFR Part 382 or 392 of the FMCSR for drugs or alcohol.
- Company will assess points based on Pre-employment screening program (PSP) report issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Based on the contents of the report and at the companies direction, the driver may be disqualified.
- The nature and severity of any of the items referenced above, as well as the applicants record viewed in totality, may be sufficient cause for declination of the application.